Monday, July 22, 2013

Reflection(Reading cloth)



                                         I am not very kind of textile person, I took this course to explore.
what  I find out in the 1st lecture was very informative and I got to learn many concepts and many new terms.  .
                                 
   "Adlof Loos" has defined Ornamentation as a crime he explored the idea that the progress of culture is associated with the deletion of Ornament from everyday objects, and that it was therefore a crime to force craftsmen or builders to waste their time on ornamentation that served to hasten the time when an object would become obsolete.
                                    I really got thought provoked by reading Yinka shonibare's work.His understanding of colors,patterns,motifs and two different country styles. I really liked the bright color's that he used in his works.


                                   I am still trying to track history of textiles.What i think is i made a really great choice of joining this class for exploring textile design ,it's the only class in which i could really learn what textiles are.

No comments:

Post a Comment