Friday, October 25, 2013

Self–assessment 
usually have a problem understanding my courses as I get confused very easily but I keep waiting 
for that moment when I learn something that I can take forward with me.
I took a lot of time to understand the whole concept of reading cloth. I think I still am.
My research about my traditional cloth has been basic but as I tried understanding ikat I finally learnt how to read my cloth technically. There is a lot more to cloth then just its technique, it has so much of history, emotions and hard work pinned to it. I understood that the story of a cloth starts when the first yarn is made and when it comes to ikat the yarns do built the story as the dying process takes place.  
Tying and dying of the yarns in such a complicated process if you are trying to figure it out yourself. But once you understand it you will definitely want to experiment more. Maybe that’s what reading cloth is all about, the more you know, the more you love it. It is knowledge.  
 I always need something to push me to do the research; I need to work on that a little bit. I also have problems with maintaining a visual journal but I made one during the course anyway; it might have a lot of flaws.
The course helped me look at the other aspects of any craft form. 

Shweta Dash
Pdp201 

No comments:

Post a Comment